We Support Higher Education
Student Debt Statistics
College debt in the U.S. now exceeds $141 Billion, but did you know that of this amount, over $75 Billion is in Federal Parent PLUS loans?
Did you know that the estimated profit for the U.S. Department of Education over the next decade is projected to be $127 Billion?
- More Americans hold student loan debt than the population of over 200 countries
- Over 7 million (>2%) of the U.S. population has defaulted on their student loans
- Student loan debt is the second highest form of debt in the U.S., second only to mortgages
- Almost 30% student loan borrowers move back in with their parents after graduation
- Over 40% of borrowers have delayed starting a family because of their debt
- Over 60% of borrowers have delayed buying a car because of their debt
- Over 70% of borrowers have delayed saving for retirement because of their debt
- Around 75% of borrowers have delayed buying a home because of their debt
- Almost 30% borrowers have delayed getting married because of their debt
Would you like to read more about student loan debt? Please see the link below for more information.
Earn points toward tuition credits